Ludgate Environmental Fund Limited
09 August 2012
Ludgate Environmental Fund Limited (the "Company")
Investment Advisor Update, August 2012
The Company announces that it has today sent to shareholders an overview of current developments in cleantech markets and an update on the recent performance of Ludgate Environmental Fund and the companies in its portfolio. The full text can be accessed on the Company's website at www.ludgateenvironmental.com.
Investee Company Highlights:
· RAP:Turnover in the first nine months of the financial year to June 2012 was 16 per cent ahead of the equivalent period in the previous year
· ECO Plastics: Agreement reached with London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) to take all waste plastic bottles from all the Olympic venues
· STX:Paid LEF a dividend of £0.2 million, bringing the total received from STX in interest payments and dividends to £1.9 million
· Terra Nova: Significant, long-term contracts now signed with Metallo, LS and KGHM, with others in advanced trials; material international shipments have commenced
· Tamar Energy: First round of equity fundraising closed at end of July 2012, with £97.0 million committed
· Ignis Biomass: On 31 May 2012 Ignis Biomass subsidiary Ignis Wick Ltd took over the district heating scheme in Wick, Scotland, from the Highland Council
· Micropelt:Starting serial production at site in Halle, Germany in August 2012
For further information contact:
Ludgate Environmental Fund Limited +44 1534 609034
John Shakeshaft, Chairman
Ludgate Investments Limited +44 20 7621 5770
PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (Nomad) +44 20 7212 1798
Matrix Corporate Capital LLP (Broker) +44 20 3206 7175
About Ludgate Environmental Fund Limited
Ludgate Environmental Fund invests in a diverse portfolio of late stage companies in the European cleantech sector. Actively managing its holdings, Ludgate Environmental Fund invests growth capital. We focus on waste management and recycling; renewable energy; energy efficiency; and water.
Ludgate Environmental Fund was launched in August 2007 and has assets under management of approximately £46 million. Ludgate Environmental Fund is a Jersey domiciled closed-ended investment company, quoted on AIM under the symbols LEF.L for the shares and LEFW.L for the warrants.
For more information www.ludgateenvironmental.com